Much Thanks Jeff’s Installation Experience of His 100W Toyota 4Runner 4th & 5th Gen.
Jeff said: Overall, the performance of the hood solar panel is very good. I am very satisfied with all the results. This is a great invention which can provide a steady flow of electricity for my power station and refrigerator in sunny weather.
The only problem is that I don’t like this controller without MPPT Bluetooth. I prefer a controller with a monitor, so that I can detect the output power, current, voltage, etc. through the mobile phone anytime and anywhere. As you watched in the video I put the controller under the seat which makes it difficult for me to see the display data because I need to pull the passenger seat, if it is a Bluetooth one with APP, you can just look on your phone and decide to move the car if you need to or you just have a general idea of what you are getting out of it that will be more convenient.
In addition to this, this hood solar panel is really well made. I like it very much. I definitely recommend hood solar panels to install on your hood.
Note: We Updated the Bluetooth Controller with APP now, Kindly Click: 10A Waterproof Controller
YouTube Video of Vinyl Decal Installation Available At
After Installed The Vinyl Decal, The Hood Looks Like This.
YouTube Video of Solar Panel Installation Available At
100W Hood Solar Panel for Toyota 4Runner 4th &5th (2003-2021), The Solar Panel Installation on The Hood and Charge the Vehicle Battery.
If you don’t know which generation of your car is, please check Wikipedia.
hood solar panel mounts to the hood/bonnet of your vehicles. And charge the vehicle battery, leisure battery, or power station(jaggery, goal zero…etc).
Keep your fridges, lighting, phones, cameras, radios, etc everything else charged. Do not worry about a dead battery while camping/off the grid.
Perfectly shaped for the hood of the vehicle. Easy to install plug-and-play wiring.
Hood Solar Panel Feature.
1. Keep your vehicle battery or auxiliary battery topped up all the time without the need to start your engine. Your battery will charge every time your vehicle is parked in the sun, run your fridge, and recharged all electronic devices and lights. Without worrying about a dead battery while out exploring.
2. Keep your power station charged， the solar panel comes with standard solar connectors, use adaptors(buy separate) charge for most of the power stations on the market, Jackery/Goalzero/Suoki/Flashfish…etc. If you are not sure which adapter to use please contact us.
3. Decreased hood glare. The surface of hood solar panel is a high-quality ETFE film, which will not reflect light. And because of the solar panel’s light-absorbing properties, the decreased glare while driving.
4. Convenience and space-saving. The hood solar panel adheres directly to the vehicle’s hood, requiring no roof rack or mounting hardware. The complete plug-and-play system can be installed easily. Unlike a portable solar panel, there’s no need to set it up or stow it inside of a vehicle, which can eat up precious cargo space.
5. Protect and extend battery life： As a result, our batteries are only at about 60% charge at best if you drive it daily, if you park it for 2-3 weeks it won’t start in the summer. Also, the battery goes bad in 2-3 years. Hood solar panel keeps the vehicle battery charged to maintain the battery.
6. The optional Plug-and-play 10A Waterproof MPPT solar charge controller, has been pre-wired with fuses, terminals, and connectors. The Solar charge controller is based on a common negative design and advanced MPPT control algorithm, with intelligent protection against reverse polarity, overcharging, short-circuit, and reverse current.
This solar controller is compatible with Various Battery options: Sealed, AGM, Gel, Liquid, and Lithium-ion.
Click to check 10A Waterproof MPPT Solar Controller
7. The optional custom-fitted vinyl decal protects the vehicle paint from damage. Highly suggests using a vinyl decal between the solar panel and hood.
100W ETFE Flexible Solar Panel Feature
1. Solar cell: Grade A PERC Monocrystalline solar cells with much higher efficiency and more durability than other mono solar cells.
2. Premium EFTE Film: This film features superior light transmittance and weatherproof performance, and is also heat, corrosion, and UV resistant. ETFE also has self-cleaning abilities, ensuring the best performance day after day.
3. Backboard: Durable fiberglass substrate backboard, better heat dissipation than PET backboard which ensures a long lifetime. ETFE film and fiberglass backboard can withstand extreme environmental conditions, maintenance-free for years.
4. Ultrathin & Lightweight: At only 3mm thick, the hood solar panel is powerful, waterproof, lightweight(60% less than the conventional solar panels), durable, and highly resistant to the harsh operating conditions of a marine environment.
Peak power: 100W
Solar cell efficiency: 22.5%
Maximum power voltage: 21V
Maximum power current: 4.76A
Open circuit voltage: 24.78V
Short circuit current: 5.23A
Power allowance range: +/-3%
Maximum system voltage: 500V
Net Weight: 3.5kg/7.7 lbs
J-Box: IP 68 rated with 2m/6.5ft cables and MC4 connectors
Values at standard test conditions: Air Mass – AM1.5, Irradiance – 1000W/m2, Cell Temperature – 25°C
Can be fixed by 3M tape or Sikaflex glue. We highly recommend installing the solar panel with our specific vinyl decal, the vinyl decal sits under the solar panel and protects the hood paint. The vinyl decal installs on the hood in the same way that traditional hood vinyl or automotive vinyl stickers are applied.
The installation must be done in a dry environment between 18° and 35°C (64° and 95°F). In cold conditions, the solar panel will not have enough flexibility to form your hood, and the adhesive will not properly bond. Your installation WILL FAIL.
If you don’t know how to install it, we suggest you find a local auto modification shop to install it.
Click the link to check our customer’s installation case for your reference. https://www.hoodsolarpanel.com/blog/
More Detail Pictures
I got the full hood solar panel for the 5th gen 4runner and love it. It powers my power station as well as my battery. I have had no issues running my fridge and keeping everything powered/charged. Definitely an awesome product for those looking into solar panel options for your vehicle.
In addition to the hood solar panel of Toyota 4Runner 4th&5th, we also offer hood solar panels for Tacoma 3rd, FJ Cruiser, Rav4, Tacoma 2nd, 4Runner 3rd, 4Runner 4th&5th with a scoop, etc.
In addition to Toyota, we also offer the hood solar panels for most off-road SUVs and all various brand trucks on the market, such as the hood solar panels of Land Rover, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Hummer, Jeep, Isuzu, Nissan, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, Subaru, Suzuki.
If there has any questions or advice, please contact us or call us with the following information from Mondays to Fridays. Any wholesale requests just call us or email us, thanks.
Tel: US +1 (307) 228-1355