Toyota 4Runner 4th & 5th Gen (2003-2022) 100W 12V Hood Solar Panel
Note: Ship from USA stock, fast shipping!
Toyota 4Runner 4th&5th Gen (2003-2022) 100W 12V Hood Solar Panel
If you don’t know which generation of your car is, please check Wikipedia.
Hood solar panel mounts to the hood/bonnet of your vehicles. And charge the vehicle battery, leisure battery or power station(jackery, goal zero…etc) .
Keep your fridges, lighting, phones, cameras, radios, etc everything else charged. Do not worry a dead battery while camping/off the grid.
Perfactly shaped for the hood of the vehicle. Easy to install plug and play wiring.
Toyota 4Runner 100W Hood Solar Panel Benefits:
1. Keep your vehicle battery or auxiliary battery topped up all the times without the need to start your engine. Your battery will charge every time your vehicle is parked in the sun, run your fridge and recharged all electronic devices and lights. Without worring about a dead battery while out exploring.
2. Keep your power station charge，the solar panel come with standard solar connectors, use adaptors(buy separate) charge for most of the power station on the market, Jackery/Goalzero/Suoki/Flashfish…etc. If you are not sure which adapter to use please contact us.
3.Decreased hood glare. The surface of hood solar panel is a high-quality ETFE film, which will not reflect light. And because the solar panel’s light absorbing properties, the decreased glare while driving.
4. Convenience and space saving.
The hood solar panel adheres directly to the vehicle’s hood, requiring no roof rack or mounting hardware. The complete plug-and-play system can be installed easy. Unlike a portable solar panel, there’s no need to set it up or stow it inside of a vehicle, which can eat up precious cargo space.
5. Protect and extend battery life：As a result our batteries are only at about 60% charge at best if you drive it daily, if you park it for 2-3 weeks it won’t start in the summer. Also the battery goes bad in 2-3 years. Hood solar panel keep the vehicle battery charge to maintain the battery.
6. The optional Plug-and-play 10A Waterproof MPPT solar charge controller, has been pre-wired with fuses, terminals, and connectors. The Solar charge controller is based on common negative design and advanced MPPT control algorithm, with intelligent protection against reverse polarity, overcharging, short-circuit, and reverse current.
This solar controller compatible with Various Battery options: Sealed, AGM, Gel, Liquid and Lithium-ion.
Click to check 10A Waterproof MPPT Solar Controller
7. The optional custom-fitted vinyl decal protects the vehicle paint from damage. Highly suggests using a vinyl decal between the solar panel and hood.
Toyota 4Runner 100W Hood Solar Panel Feature
1. Solar cell: Grade A PERC Monocrystalline solar cells with much higher efficiency and more durability than other mono solar cells.
2. Premium EFTE Film: This film features superior light transmittance and weatherproof performance, and is also heat, corrosion, and UV resistant. ETFE also has self-cleaning abilities, ensures the best performance day after day.
3. Backboard: Durable fiberglass substrate backboard, better heat dissipation than PET backboard which ensures a long lifetime. ETFE film and fiberglass backboard can withstand extreme environmental conditions, maintenance-free for years.
4. Ultrathin & Lightweight: At only 3mm thick, the solar panel is powerful, waterproof, lightweight.
Can be fixed by 3M tape or sikaflex glue. We highly recommend install the solar panel with our specific vinly decal, the vinyl decal sits under the solar panel and protect the hood paint. The vinyl decal install on the hood in the same way that traditional hood vinyls or automotive vinyl stickers are applied.
The installation must be done in a dry environment between 18° and 35°C (64° and 95°F). In cold conditions, the solar panel will not have enough flexibility to form to your hood, and the adhesive will not properly bond. Your installation WILL FAIL.
If you don’t know how to install, we suggest you find a local auto modification shop to install.
Click link to check our customers installation case for your reference https://www.hoodsolarpanel.com/blog/
- Peak Power
- Maximum power voltage
- Maximum power current
- Open circuit voltage
- Short circuit current
- Power allowance range
- Net Weight
I got the full hood solar panel for the 5th gen 4runner and love it. It powers my power station as well as my battery. I have a had no issues running my fridge and keeping everything powered/charged. Definitely an awesome product for those looking into solar panel options for your vehicle.
Purchased and installed the 100W hood solar panel to keep my battery topped off while powering my fridge. It works great and It is definitely a good feeling knowing my battery won’t be dead in the morning. I recommend this hood solar panel to anyone that is running a fridge setup. You won’t be disappointed.
Purchased and installed the Solar 100W hood panel for my 2018 4Runner SR5P (non hood scoop). The product seems to be well designed and manufactured. The Performance has also been very good. I have pulled just over 300Wh in one day and registered as high as 68W. The added benefits of the panel is reduced glare off of the hood and it looks pretty awesome too IMHO. I installed it over my clear wrap and used 3M HD double sided tape then I sealed the edges with a quality marine grade silicone. Please note the trim edging in the pics were added by me as it’s not included with the actual panel. I personally went a different direction with the MPPT controller but I’m sure theirs works equally as well.
been using this hood solar panel for a while now to
power my fridge, and it’s been flawless.
So after going on a camping trip And needed to rely on my friend to get a jumpstart I knew I needed to look into solar power. One of the biggest things I struggled with is finding in my vehicle in order to carry a solar panel. I drive a 1998 Toyota 4Runner, this car has plenty of room like it was just me and my wife but now since the family has a crown and my two little daughters come along with us space is at a premium. This is where land sun solar came in and save the day. Like any other product there is always room for improvement, but I am honestly really happy with my hood solar panel. I could use all of my accessory life for camping and my fridge without worrying about my battery not starting in the morning.