Toyota FJ Cruiser 105W 12V Hood Solar Panel
Note: Ship from USA stock, fast shipping!
Toyota FJ Cruiser 105W 12V Hood Solar Panel
Hood solar panel mounts to the hood/bonnet of your vehicles. And charge the vehicle battery, leisure battery or power station(jackery, goal zero…etc) .
Keep your fridges, lighting, phones, cameras, radios, etc everything else charged. Do not worry a dead battery while camping/off the grid.
Perfactly shaped for the hood of the vehicle. Easy to install plug and play wiring.
Toyota FJ Cruiser 105W 12V Hood Solar Panel Benefits:
1. Keep your vehicle battery or auxiliary battery topped up all the times without the need to start your engine. Your battery will charge every time your vehicle is parked in the sun, run your fridge and recharged all electronic devices and lights. Without worring about a dead battery while out exploring.
2. Keep your power station charge，the solar panel come with standard solar connectors, use adaptors(buy separate) charge for most of the power station on the market, Jackery/Goalzero/Suoki/Flashfish…etc. If you are not sure which adapter to use please contact us.
3.Decreased hood glare. The surface of hood solar panel is a high-quality ETFE film, which will not reflect light. And because the solar panel’s light absorbing properties, the decreased glare while driving.
4. Convenience and space saving.
The hood solar panel adheres directly to the vehicle’s hood, requiring no roof rack or mounting hardware. The complete plug-and-play system can be installed easy. Unlike a portable solar panel, there’s no need to set it up or stow it inside of a vehicle, which can eat up precious cargo space.
5. Protect and extend battery life：As a result our batteries are only at about 60% charge at best if you drive it daily, if you park it for 2-3 weeks it won’t start in the summer. Also the battery goes bad in 2-3 years. Hood solar panel keep the vehicle battery charge to maintain the battery.
6. The optional Plug-and-play 10A Waterproof MPPT solar charge controller, has been pre-wired with fuses, terminals, and connectors. The Solar charge controller is based on common negative design and advanced MPPT control algorithm, with intelligent protection against reverse polarity, overcharging, short-circuit, and reverse current.
This solar controller compatible with Various Battery options: Sealed, AGM, Gel, Liquid and Lithium-ion.
Click to check 10A Waterproof MPPT Solar Controller
7. The optional custom-fitted vinyl decal protects the vehicle paint from damage. Highly suggests using a vinyl decal between the solar panel and hood.
Toyota FJ Cruiser 105W 12V Hood Solar Panel Feature
1. Solar cell: Grade A PERC Monocrystalline solar cells with much higher efficiency and more durability than other mono solar cells.
2. Premium EFTE Film: This film features superior light transmittance and weatherproof performance, and is also heat, corrosion, and UV resistant. ETFE also has self-cleaning abilities, ensures the best performance day after day.
3. Backboard: Durable fiberglass substrate backboard, better heat dissipation than PET backboard which ensures a long lifetime. ETFE film and fiberglass backboard can withstand extreme environmental conditions, maintenance-free for years.
4. Ultrathin & Lightweight: At only 3mm thick, the solar panel is powerful, waterproof, lightweight.
Can be fixed by 3M tape or sikaflex glue. We highly recommend install the solar panel with our specific vinly decal, the vinyl decal sits under the solar panel and protect the hood paint. The vinyl decal install on the hood in the same way that traditional hood vinyls or automotive vinyl stickers are applied.
The installation must be done in a dry environment between 18° and 35°C (64° and 95°F). In cold conditions, the solar panel will not have enough flexibility to form to your hood, and the adhesive will not properly bond. Your installation WILL FAIL.
If you don’t know how to install, we suggest you find a local auto modification shop to install.
Click link to check our customers installation case for your reference https://www.hoodsolarpanel.com/blog/
- Peak Power
- Maximum power voltage
- Maximum power current
- Open circuit voltage
- Short circuit current
- Power allowance range
- Net Weight
Highly recommended for overlanders that uses the FJ cruisers. Keeps my secondary battery full with my fridge and light accessories attached to it. Fast shipping and solid packing. Easy to install but you will need a partner. I wish it came with 3m double sided tape and a squeegee.
Love my FJ cruiser hood solar panel from Lensun. Quality is A++. Shipping is very fast. If you are in the fence of needing of maybe upgrading to a second battery think of the benefits of adding a hood solar panel first before buying and installing the secondary battery. Also consider that adding another battery will require you to change your alternator for a higher capacity one. It complicates things. Not only a solar panel like this gives you weight savings you will have a full battery charged parking your vehicle in the sun.
Lensun solar will definitely recommend them and their product.
The product is built to last!
After ordering the panel online, it came in just under a week. The packaging is very sturdy and protected. The panel itself is very well made and seems very waterproof. The facial I ordered also came with a squeegy I needed for installation and good instruction.
This product is great and at a good price.
Found similar products in the states without controller and wrap for twice the price and only 100w.
Had it in my fj cruiser for about 3 months now and had no problems.
Would be nice if it came with the double sided tape as it’s a bit hard to get 3m tape in Australia had to buy online.
Nestor L Angeles
Well built solar panel and the MPPT charger controller are easy to setup.
I started recommending them to my customers and doing the preparation and installation for them.
Early days but the process so far has been positive.
I have had the FJ 120W Hood Solar Panel for a year. And it has been a great addition to allow me to run my fridge off my battery and recharge the battery with solar power. The quality of the panel has held up to tropical storms , extreme heat and cold.
What can I say that others have not? Great quality, quick shipping. Excellent fit and superb customer service. Installed on my 2012 FJ dual battery electrical system. I previously used some Goal Zero folding panels in series and was never comfortable leaving them out at camp while i left and went on a hike or other activity away from the truck. What good are panels that keep you tethered to the truck and afraid to leave camp? This Lensunsolar installed panel solves that worry in a very elegant manner, In fact my truck is parked on the street in San Francisco and I do not worry about the street urchins bothering it or randomly tossing a rock against a glass installed panel. Also having worked in the commercial solar industry for several years installing over 500MW of ground based utility scale solar power plants I reviewed the panel specs against other manufacturers and chose Lensunsolar. Well done Lensunsolar!
After a two-week expedition, the panel did exactly what I needed it to do, which was to keep my power station topped off throughout the time I was on the road. The power station ran my fridge and recharged all our electronic devices and lights. Dust and water can accumulate on the panel, so I often rinsed with water or would wipe down with windshield washers at gas stations during fill ups. This helped keep max output from the panel, which averaged about 50%. There were a few instances where we needed more power and used our 200W folding panel due to excessive power usage or cloudy, rainy days. Overall, very pleased with the install and the product.
I got this FJ solar panel in addition to my existing 120watt that was installed on my roof top tent. Even though my car is not an FJ but it fits perfectly on my VW touareg. This solar panel is a game changing having endless possibilities for my power system and be able to power my fridge 24/7. The quality and flexibility of this particular solar panel is superb and went beyond my expectations. If it comes with a double sided tape, it would have save me a trip to a local hardware store but other than that, I love this product! I will be getting 3 more for my sprinter van build in a few months! Good job Lensun for this amazing product!
I have a purpose build Toyota FJ cruiser with 2 main batteries and a stand alone Lifepo4 battery just for my fridge system. Even with the Los Angeles summer temperatures My arm fridge had been on full time for the last 6 months. The 105w Lensun Solar Panel and charge control is amazing. I paired it with the Bluetooth controller and can login and check the battery temperature and charge power and battery voltage. Currently looking to see where I can install a second panel.
Absolutely must Have if you own an FJ! This thing is awesome and will give your FJ the extra boost it needs for off roaring and camping. When paired with a charging controller you can run your fridge and other accessories while not having to worry about a dead battery. I’ve had mine over a year and have not a single issue. The quality 100%. And shipping was surprisingly fast to Hawaii. Very impressed
At the time the product was made I was already a customer and had another solar panel from Lensun on my hood. But when this product was introduced and I saw It specifically made for the FJ I had to have it. After receiving this solar panel I noticed how well it was made just as the first. I removed my older 80W panel that had endured 3 years of overlanding, off-roading, countless days of storms and sun. Replacing the 80W with this 120W has madd for better charging of my secondary battery while keeping my fridge, batteries, radios and everything else charged. It is completely weatherproof, perfectly shaped for the hood of the FJ and does an amazing job of charging the battery. I am thoroughly impressed with this item and would buy it again. Although with the warranty I dont believe I’ll have to do that as it is made to last.