Land Rover Discovery LR3/LR4 110W 12V Hood Solar Panel
Note: Ship from USA stock, fast shipping!
Land Rover Discovery LR3/LR4 110W 12V Hood Solar Panel
Hood solar panel mounts to the hood/bonnet of your vehicles. And charge the vehicle battery, leisure battery or power station(jackery, goal zero…etc) .
Keep your fridges, lighting, phones, cameras, radios, etc everything else charged. Do not worry a dead battery while camping/off the grid.
Perfactly shaped for the hood of the vehicle. Easy to install plug and play wiring.
Land Rover Discovery LR3/LR4 110W 12V Hood Solar Panel Benefits:
1. Keep your vehicle battery or auxiliary battery topped up all the times without the need to start your engine. Your battery will charge every time your vehicle is parked in the sun, run your fridge and recharged all electronic devices and lights. Without worring about a dead battery while out exploring.
2. Keep your power station charge，the solar panel come with standard solar connectors, use adaptors(buy separate) charge for most of the power station on the market, Jackery/Goalzero/Suoki/Flashfish…etc. If you are not sure which adapter to use please contact us.
3.Decreased hood glare. The surface of hood solar panel is a high-quality ETFE film, which will not reflect light. And because the solar panel’s light absorbing properties, the decreased glare while driving.
4. Convenience and space saving. The hood solar panel adheres directly to the vehicle’s hood, requiring no roof rack or mounting hardware. The complete plug-and-play system can be installed easy. Unlike a portable solar panel, there’s no need to set it up or stow it inside of a vehicle, which can eat up precious cargo space.
5. Protect and extend battery life：As a result our batteries are only at about 60% charge at best if you drive it daily, if you park it for 2-3 weeks it won’t start in the summer. Also the battery goes bad in 2-3 years. Hood solar panel keep the vehicle battery charge to maintain the battery.
6. The optional Plug-and-play 10A Waterproof MPPT solar charge controller, has been pre-wired with fuses, terminals, and connectors. The Solar charge controller is based on common negative design and advanced MPPT control algorithm, with intelligent protection against reverse polarity, overcharging, short-circuit, and reverse current.
This solar controller compatible with Various Battery options: Sealed, AGM, Gel, Liquid and Lithium-ion.
Click to check 10A Waterproof MPPT Solar Controller
7. The optional custom-fitted vinyl decal protects the vehicle paint from damage. Highly suggests using a vinyl decal between the solar panel and hood.
Land Rover Discovery LR3/LR4 110W 12V Hood Solar Panel Feature
1. Solar cell: Grade A PERC Monocrystalline solar cells with much higher efficiency and more durability than other mono solar cells.
2. Premium EFTE Film: This film features superior light transmittance and weatherproof performance, and is also heat, corrosion, and UV resistant. ETFE also has self-cleaning abilities, ensures the best performance day after day.
3. Backboard: Durable fiberglass substrate backboard, better heat dissipation than PET backboard which ensures a long lifetime. ETFE film and fiberglass backboard can withstand extreme environmental conditions, maintenance-free for years.
4. Ultrathin & Lightweight: At only 3mm thick, the solar panel is powerful, waterproof, lightweight.
Can be fixed by 3M tape or sikaflex glue. We highly recommend install the solar panel with our specific vinly decal, the vinyl decal sits under the solar panel and protect the hood paint. The vinyl decal install on the hood in the same way that traditional hood vinyls or automotive vinyl stickers are applied.
The installation must be done in a dry environment between 18° and 35°C (64° and 95°F). In cold conditions, the solar panel will not have enough flexibility to form to your hood, and the adhesive will not properly bond. Your installation WILL FAIL.
If you don’t know how to install, we suggest you find a local auto modification shop to install.
Click link to check our customers installation case for your reference https://www.hoodsolarpanel.com/blog/
- Peak Power
- Maximum power voltage
- Maximum power current
- Open circuit voltage
- Short circuit current
- Power allowance range
- Net Weight
I had been looking for a solution to keep my fridge running in the LR4 and to keep my solar generator full to provide power overnight. Mandy was very responsive and answered all my questions. The panel I ordered was in stock at their US warehouse in Texas and arrived to me in CA in only a few days. Really happy with how it all turned out. Thanks Lensun.
What a great product! The panel was packaged well and delivered quickly. The panel is made very well and of high quality finish.
The lensun team was helpful with all my questions. The panel looks great especially if you have a white car like me where you get glare on the bonnet. Not only does the panel cut out the glare it also gives you power back which would otherwise be wasted space not utilised. Serves 2 functional purposes!!
I installed my panel using 3M VHB double side tape with air gaps and finished off the edges with Sikaflex. Connecting the panel was straight forward as I already had my own MPPT controller.
Very well made panel and it arrived fairly quickly with no issues. I chose to mount it without the vinyl as I am not convinced of its (the vinyl) durability. I mounted it with 3M body side molding tape. I took the extra step of using an adhesion primer on the back of the panel. The tape is permanently adhered now. On the body I used alcohol to clean the surface. It installed very nicely and looks fantastic. I sealed the edges with black Sikaflex 1A. I am using this along with a battery maintainer on me secondary battery system. Top quality product!
This is a short term review of Lensun’s new hood mounted 110w solar panel for the Land Rover LR3/LR4 2005-2016. The panel shipped very fast, with good packaging and damage free. With the help of a buddy, I first installed a custom vinyl wrap on the hood of my LR3 to act as an under layer to mount the panel so it can be removed in the future if necessary. From a visual perspective, the vinyl wrap also frames the hood while helping the panel to blend in with the vehicle. I used 3M VHB tape to attach the panel to the hood and then black silicone around all the edges to keep water from finding it’s way under the panel.
I love how it looks on the hood of the Rover and contemplating getting another one for my wife’s LR4! It’s super clean, looks like it belongs and gives functionality to an otherwise unusable space. So far functionality is great too as it’s feeding a lot of power to my dual battery system so I can run my fridge, lights and keep my kids digital devices charged up at camp. 🙂
When you first connect it and see your battery voltage and the level of free power being generated its pretty cool! With an addition of solar panels on the hood, we can stay off grid literally forever.