TAKSOLAR Toyota Tacoma 3rd Gen (2016-Present) 90W 12V Hood Solar Panel
Note: We have warehouses in the US, UK, France and Australia, and we will ship to you according to your country to avoid paying import duties.
About wholesale details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Toyota Tacoma 3rd Gen (2016-Present) TAKSOLAR 90W 12V Hood Solar Panel
TAKSOLAR hood solar panel mounts to the hood/bonnet of your vehicles. And charge the vehicle battery, leisure battery or power station(jackery, goal zero…etc) .
Keep your fridges, lighting, phones, cameras, radios, etc everything else charged. Do not worry a dead battery while camping/off the grid.
Perfactly shaped for the hood of the vehicle. Easy to install plug and play wiring.
Toyota Tacoma TAKSOLAR 90W 12V Hood Solar Panel Benefits:
1. Keep your vehicle battery or auxiliary battery topped up all the times without the need to start your engine. Your battery will charge every time your vehicle is parked in the sun, run your fridge and recharged all electronic devices and lights. Without worring about a dead battery while out exploring.
2. Keep your power station charge，the solar panel come with standard solar connectors, use adaptors(buy separate) charge for most of the power station on the market, Jackery/Goalzero/Suoki/Flashfish…etc. If you are not sure which adapter to use please contact us.
3.Decreased hood glare. The surface of TAKSOLAR hood solar panel is a high-quality ETFE film, which will not reflect light. And because the solar panel’s light absorbing properties, the decreased glare while driving.
4. Convenience and space saving.
The hood solar panel adheres directly to the vehicle’s hood, requiring no roof rack or mounting hardware. The complete plug-and-play system can be installed easy. Unlike a portable solar panel, there’s no need to set it up or stow it inside of a vehicle, which can eat up precious cargo space.
5. Protect and extend battery life：As a result our batteries are only at about 60% charge at best if you drive it daily, if you park it for 2-3 weeks it won’t start in the summer. Also the battery goes bad in 2-3 years. TAKSOLAR hood solar panel keep the vehicle battery charge to maintain the battery.
6. The optional Plug-and-play 10A Waterproof MPPT solar charge controller, has been pre-wired with fuses, terminals, and connectors. The Solar charge controller is based on common negative design and advanced MPPT control algorithm, with intelligent protection against reverse polarity, overcharging, short-circuit, and reverse current.
This solar controller compatible with Various Battery options: Sealed, AGM, Gel, Liquid and Lithium-ion.
Click to check TAKSOLAR 10A Waterproof MPPT Solar Controller
7. The optional custom-fitted vinyl decal protects the vehicle paint from damage. Highly suggests using a vinyl decal between the solar panel and hood.
Toyota Tacoma TAKSOLAR 90W 12V Hood Solar Panel Feature
1. Solar cell: Grade A PERC Monocrystalline solar cells with much higher efficiency and more durability than other mono solar cells.
2. Premium EFTE Film: This film features superior light transmittance and weatherproof performance, and is also heat, corrosion, and UV resistant. ETFE also has self-cleaning abilities, ensures the best performance day after day.
3. Backboard: Durable fiberglass substrate backboard, better heat dissipation than PET backboard which ensures a long lifetime. ETFE film and fiberglass backboard can withstand extreme environmental conditions, maintenance-free for years.
4. Ultrathin & Lightweight: At only 3mm thick, the solar panel is powerful, waterproof, lightweight.
Can be fixed by 3M tape or sikaflex glue. We highly recommend install the solar panel with our specific vinly decal, the vinyl decal sits under the solar panel and protect the hood paint. The vinyl decal install on the hood in the same way that traditional hood vinyls or automotive vinyl stickers are applied.
The installation must be done in a dry environment between 18° and 35°C (64° and 95°F). In cold conditions, the solar panel will not have enough flexibility to form to your hood, and the adhesive will not properly bond. Your installation WILL FAIL.
If you don’t know how to install, we suggest you find a local auto modification shop to install.
Click link to check our customers installation case for your reference https://www.hoodsolarpanel.com/blog/
- Peak Power
- Maximum power voltage
- Maximum power current
- Open circuit voltage
- Short circuit current
- Power allowance range
- Net Weight
I do a lot of overlanding and my truck takes some serious abuse along with the need for solar power. I use a TAKSOLAR hood 80W panel to keep my battery full when the truck sits for a long time while I’m overlanding. Great quality, looks good, and most important it works! I highly recommend it. ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
Jesse Rizo YouTube
First off not only for the functionality of this panel but I want to start off with how nice and formal it looks on the hood of my Tacoma it adds a nice touch and always get compliments on it,As far as the install goes it’s so simple literally anybody can do it you can check out my install video it’s so easy all plug and play,I like the fact that this will keep my battery up to charge at all times in that it should help make my battery last a lot longer eventually I’ll be adding a power bank or dual battery with this so I can keep my fridge running and more items at all times. Loving the product so far ans would recommend it.
Grant (Arkansas Offroad)
This panel is super sleek and fits the body lines of the hood perfectly. Have mine wired direct to my battery to keep my battery accessories topped off at all times. Kit was easy to install and took a couple of hours. I have a full review/install video of this on my YouTube channel (Arkansas Offroad) if anyone needs a closer detailed look.
I bought the complete kit and i am impress with the product quality, the the delivery was fast and customer service is outstanding. The installation was so easy set up, the vinyl, solar panel and controller. It looks great and seem part of the car.
Solar panel itself is quite nice. Shipping was good and packaging was very much adequate and arrived undamaged. I purchased the entire kit, to include the vinyl base and the MPPT controller. The vinyl arrived a bit crinkled, but installed fine. Although the instructions left a lot to be desired and should be improved. The solar panel had zero instructions and I had to search through a bit of the site, YouTube, and other forums to get the best install advice. The MPPT controller leaves a lot to be desired. I does include instructions, but overall, I would skip the controller and find one elsewhere to best suit your needs.
Super impressed by the whole system. Having the panel mounted on the hood at all times provides reassurance that you won’t drain you battery from running accessories. The easy plug and play install and competitive pricing makes this a no brainer modification.
fits the tacoma hood perfectly, and keep your battery juiced or run the solar panel straight to a power bank and keep that fridge running.
One of the easiest installs to do for the Tacoma. The cut out contours to the hood perfectly. Easy to install plug-and-play wiring. One of the best additions I’ve made to my truck to keep me worry free of a dead battery while camping/off the grid.